Don’t let crooked teeth ruin your smile. At Volterra Dental, we offer several different orthodontic treatment so you can straighten your teeth without compromising your lifestyle. If you’re ready to get the perfectly straight teeth you’ve always wanted – no matter your age – call our Los Alamitos, CA dental office at 562-735-2363!
Are Traditional Metal Braces Still Useful?
At Volterra Dental, we focus on providing cutting-edge treatment, but we also won’t disregard tried and true methods. We still offer traditional metal braces that help us straighten your teeth.
What Are My Other Orthodontics Options?
For those who simply want a more discreet, convenient option, we offer two alternatives that can move your teeth as effectively as traditional braces:
- Incognito braces still use brackets and wires, but we place them on the back of your teeth, so you can get the orthodontic treatment you need without anyone noticing.
- Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that fit comfortably over your teeth. They are nearly invisible when worn and can be removed temporarily for special occasions, eating, and cleaning your teeth.
- We also offer Six Month Smiles, a short-term treatment that focuses only on the teeth visible when you smile. These use tooth-colored wires and brackets.
How Long Will I Have To Wear Braces
The time needed to align your teeth depends on the specific treatment and how much movement is needed. Here are some rough estimates for the orthodontic treatments we offer:
- Traditional braces and Incognito braces: 18-36 months
- Invisalign: 9-24 months
- Six Month Smiles: 6 months
Both Invisalign and Six Month Smiles are considered short-term orthodontics as they can fix minor misalignment in just months!
What Will My First Orthodontic Appointment Be Like?
At your first appointment for orthodontic care, Dr. Laos or Dr. Yoshikane will take digital X-rays and photos to have an accurate image of your teeth. Then, we will explain your options and determine the orthodontic treatment that works with your budget, time, and goals.