A flawed smile can sap your confidence. But with dental veneers from Volterra Dental, you can instantly get a successful, confident smile. Call our Los Alamitos, CA dental office to learn how we can transform your smile with dental veneer: 562-735-2363. Dr. Laos and Dr. Yoshikane can even give you a glimpse of your new and improved smile before we start with a Smile-Vision preview!
What Are Dental Veneer?
Dental veneers are ultra-thin but strong pieces of porcelain that Dr. Laos or Dr. Yoshikane custom-crafts to fit your smile in shape and color. We can bond them to the front of your teeth to conceal:
- Irregularly shaped or crooked teeth
- Small gaps
And because porcelain has the same translucent aspect as your natural tooth enamel, they will look completely natural.
How Are Dental Veneers Placed On My Teeth?
When preparing your dental veneers, Dr. Laos or Dr. Yoshikane will:
- Take careful measurements of each tooth receiving a veneer
- Match the color of your nearby teeth with samples
- Send exact specifications to a lab for custom-fabrication
- Artfully and precisely place the veneers to compliment your smile
Are Veneers Simply A Cosmetic Fix?
The main purpose of dental veneers is to cover imperfections in your smile. That’s why most dental offices consider this to be a cosmetic dentistry treatment. But veneers can also protect your teeth because they can:
- Add a durable layer of porcelain to your teeth, increasing their strength.
- Seal up small damage like cracks and chips, preventing them from growing bigger and more expensive to repair.
For a full smile makeover, you can also combine dental veneers with other cosmetic treatments, including: