Since we've added our cone beam, and now that I've been working with Dr. Yoshikane, who comes into my office twice a week, it’s really nice to be able to work together as a team, especially in highly aesthetic cases, but really in any case. To be able to have that ability to have the patient have that scan done, come back to the chair, we can both evaluate it. He does the surgical procedure, but I’m going to be doing the prosthetic, meaning putting the crown on the top, or whatever else is needed. He does that on a lot of the patients, too.
The patients that I’ve seen a long time, they want me to do that for them, which I love doing, so to be able to have that, and be able to have communication between Pat during the procedure, and also the comfort … I think a big thing we see is the comfort with the patient is that they don’t have to go to a new office. They don’t have to develop a relationship with a new team member. They’re stilling with the same assistants that they know, the front office people that they know.
I think that really helps a lot. A big thing is just having that follow-through, so that there are no surprises. I can follow the post-op procedures for Pat; he covers for me. Being able to have that is nice within the same facility.
There are many reasons you might be missing teeth. Regardless of how you lost them, Volterra Dental can restore your smile with dental implants from our high-tech Los Alamitos, CA dental office!
Not only can missing teeth compromise your appearance, they can also increase your risk for tooth decay, gum disease, and a host of other oral health problems. To see your smile transform with a permanent tooth replacement, call Dr. Laos or Dr. Yoshikane at 562-735-2363.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer permanent, strong, and beautiful replacement teeth that let you eat and speak with ease. And because they replace your natural tooth roots, they also help prevent bone and gum deterioration. The process is simple:
- First, we will carefully and precisely plan the positioning of your implants using a CT scan.
- To help you fully relax, we can administer dental sedation.
- If teeth require extraction, we will gently remove them. In many cases, this will not delay your new smile, as we can place implants immediately after extraction.
- We will place an implant in your jaw, where it will fuse with your bone for a sturdy, realistic-feeling hold.
- Following a brief healing period, we will place your custom-crafted dental restoration: a dental crown for an individual tooth, an implant-supported dental bridge for multiple teeth, or an implant denture for a full-arch replacement.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
In order to safely get a dental implant, the jawbone underneath needs to be healthy and thick enough to support the implant. If your jaw is too thin, our dentists may still be able to help.
We can perform a bone graft to make the site strong enough to take the implant, or in some cases, we can use mini dental implants. These attach to dental restorations like regular implants do, but the implants themselves are smaller and often can be used when regular implants cannot.
How Can Implants Be Used With Dentures?
Our dentists can secure dentures with dental implants so they won’t slip or move around in your mouth like traditional dentures. There are two ways we can do this:
- Implant-secured dentures use a curved metal bar to connect your dentures to your implants.
- Implant-retained dentures use a series of ball-and-socket joints to do the same.
Both options can be removed but provide a firm, comfortable hold.
What Are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants can permanently replace a full arch of teeth using only four dental implants. We will place two near the front of your mouth and two near the back but angled in a patented procedure that provides more strength and security to your replacement teeth.
Don’t be self-conscious about your smile. Dental implants from Volterra Dental can restore your teeth and improve your look. For your next appointment to replace missing teeth, call us today at 562-735-2363 or use our convenient online form.
- Jack N.VIEW MORE PATIENT TESTIMONIALS
Get Your Free E-book
No More Gaps in Your Smile! Start getting your smile back by signing up for our FREE e-book!