Are you experiencing chronic tooth pain? Your tooth may be infected. At Volterra Dental, our highly skilled dentist, Dr. Yoshikane, can save your teeth from extraction using painless root canal therapy. Say goodbye to dental pain – just call our Los Alamitos, CA dental office at 562-735-2363 to get started!
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Thanks to the modern training and tools used by Dr. Yoshikane, root canal therapy is a straightforward treatment at our dental office. Our professional team will:
- Thoroughly clean the area
- Make a small hole in your tooth to access the infection
- Carefully remove the infected pulp and replace it with an inert material called gutta-percha
- Place a dental crown over the tooth, sealing the hole and protecting the tooth
Is Root Canal Therapy Painful?
In the past, removing infected pulp wasn’t as scientific or accurate as it is today. With the help of a local anesthetic, Dr. Yoshikane can remove the infection and cause no more discomfort than getting a cavity filled. And if you are experiencing dental anxiety, we offer sedation dentistry to help you relax.
How Can My Tooth Get Infected?
Your mouth is home to a lot of bacteria, including bad bacteria that secrete acid. This acid can cause cavities by eroding your tooth enamel. If the bacteria get into the pulp inside your teeth, they can cause infection and a horrible toothache.
What Are The Symptoms Of An Infected Tooth?
The most common symptom of an infected tooth is chronic or sporadic toothaches. Other symptoms include:
- Sensitivity to heat or cold
- Pain or tenderness when chewing with that tooth
- Swelling of the gum tissue around the tooth
- A strange discoloration of the enamel
Root canal therapy can save infected teeth, end toothaches, and allow you to eat normally again. For your next appointment for root canal therapy, or if you have questions, call Volterra Dental today at 562-735-2363 or use our online form.